This is the Sterling Gas Station that first occupied the lot where Dight's Diner was later built at the corner of W. Jefferson and S. Washington Streets. The big brick house on the left is Young's Funeral Home. Very early 1900's. Notice the attendant's fancy knicker uniform!
Sinclair Station in the 1950's on W. Jefferson Street looking west. Notice the Snyder/ Morrow Pontiac Dealer Building down the street on the left. This sight is now the playground for the Baptist Church School.
Barbara writes that she recently went through her Grandfather (C.C.) Boyer's old photograph album which
is entirely about the construction of the old Wayne St. Viaduct (1914-1915). What she found interesting about this picture is that the building in the background has Keystone Hotel written on the side. This building must have been close by.